We Make Elopements Stress-Free, Personal, and a Hell of a Good Time!
With our adventure elopement packages, you can elope on a canyon rim, a black sand beach, a mountain top, under a rainforest canopy, in front of a red rock arch, or among the Joshua trees, all while resting easy, because...
We take care of everything for you!
- Planning: We will interview you about your desires, then pick the perfect location, time, and activities for your elopement day.
- Photography: Victoria and Joe will photograph the candid, tender, and fun moments of your wedding day with a fully-edited online gallery to prove it!
- Officiating: Joe writes a personal ceremony just for you. He can officiate in English, Spanish, or both!
- Guiding: We both have experience working as wilderness guides and will make sure to keep you safe while pointing out amazing wildlife, trees that smell like butterscotch, and organisms older than the Roman Empire.
- Permitting: We take caring for our parks seriously and make sure all permits are taken care of. Parks often require us to have 2 separate permits, one for photography and one for your event. We always cover the photography permit costs. You'll be in charge of applying and paying for your event permit, but we'll help you with the process and paperwork. Permit fees (up to $150) and paperwork are included in our all-inclusive package.
- Music: Joe can perform guitar music in the background during your vows, first dance, or around the campfire. Original compositions written about you and your hubby available for an additional fee (information below).
- Snacks: Hiking makes you hungry, so we always have a pack full of tasty, healthy, vegetarian goodies!
- and so much more!
The prices below include travel to:
- Anywhere in Hawai'i (all islands)
- Anywhere in Utah during the months we travel there (typically in Spring and Fall)
- Anywhere within 200 miles of places on our travel schedule
There are additional travel fees if you'd like us somewhere not on our travel schedule, however, we do our absolute best to keep costs down by camping and eating our a jet boil :)
Adventure Elopement Packages
A Short and Sweet Elopement
Photography only / $2700
Videography + Photography / $3500
Full-Day Adventure Elopement
Imagine a vow exchange at sunrise followed by an early morning hike, a relaxed brunch, epic adventures, alone time, and a hike out to a glorious viewpoint for a sunset portrait session.
Photography only / $4000
Videography + Photography / $5000
All-Inclusive Full Day Adventure
Relax, while we take care of (almost) everything.
This package includes everything you'd get for a full-day adventure, plus:
A Bouquet + Boutonnière
A Hot Meal
Permit application and fees (up to $150)
Small Gear Rentals (e.g. snow shoes, SUP, Kayak, picnic supplies)
Photography only / $5200
Videography + Photography / $6200
CUSTOM MUSIC FOR YOUR HUBBY
Want something extra special for your spouse on your anniversary or other special occasion? Joe can compose a song specifically for you and your love about your relationship!
What you get for $500
1) Acoustic version
2) Acoustic version with no vocals*
What you get for $750
1) Acoustic version
2) Acoustic version with no vocals*
3) Full band version (created with digital instruments)
4) Full band version with no vocals*
*So you or someone else whose vocals might be preferred can record them!
We offer high-quality bouquets, boutonnieres, leis, lei po'os and hairpieces at affordable rates. Plus, our flowers are all safe for the environment and meet park requirements for brought-in plants!
/$150 for a hand-tied bouquet and boutonniere
/$50+ for leis
/$80+ Lei po'os
Video of your Ceremony
A single camera video of your ceremony with high-quality audio.
$100 for ceremonies with less than 1 mile of hiking round trip. (additional fee may apply for longer hike-out destinations)
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SMALL AND ON A BUDGET?
Victoria offers a micro-elopement package. This package includes:
- 2 hours of adventure elopement photography
- Location planning assistance
- Victoria can serve as your legal officiant*
Select Locations Only:
This package is for the Volcanoes National Park and Hilo areas only.
Select Dates Only:
This package is only available on non-holiday weekdays.
How does the officiating work?
Victoria is an ordained minister, meaning she can preside over your vow exchange and fill out/return your marriage license. However she cannot perform a ceremony and photograph at the same time. Typically, most couples that choose this package do a personal vow exchange, which Victoria photographs. If you'd like Victoria to perform a ceremony instead, that's fine, but there won't be photos of the ceremony.
2 hours of Victoria as your photographer
Hilo or Volcano, Hawai'i ONLY
Please note that sometimes some things simply aren't possible with elopements. In order to preserve our parks, some parks have special rules--for instance Arches National Park doesn't allow musical performances, while Dead Horse Point doesn't allow real flowers. We help you navigate all of that and offer alternatives. Want flowers where they're not allowed? We rent high-end artificial bouquets. Want music but it's not allowed? We'll find a place outside of the park for your first dance.
How many guests can I have?
We recommend keeping your guest count under 12. We do not offer elopements bigger than 12 guests for most locations. Some locations don't allow guests, while others have limits of guests from 6-75 people.
Can I bring my pet?
Absolutely! Pets aren't allowed in all natural spaces (most National Parks do not allow pets at elopements), so please let us know when you contact us if you plan on bringing a furry or scaly friend so we can plan accordingly.
Do we have to have an officiant?
Kind-of. For your marriage license, you'll need a legal officiant (which Joe and Victoria both are) to sign your paperwork. That said, the officiant doesn't have to say or do anything during your ceremony except preside over it. That means you're welcome to have a private vow exchange, which Joe and Victoria can photograph from a far. Afterwards, Joe or Victoria will make sure you said your vows willingly and without any coercion (the State's mandate--and a good one!) and lovingly (Victoria and Joe's mandate) and then they can sign your paperwork. Voila! You're legally married!!!
How much does travel cost?
Typically travel runs:
All Hawaiian Islands - Included with our packages!
Washington, Oregon, or California - $1500*
Southwest - $1500*
Latin America - $1500-3000 (take advantage of the fact that Joe speaks fluent Spanish!)
Australia and New Zealand - $1500+ (We know some GREAT spots and would love to show you around)
Southeast Asia - $1500+
Japan - $3000+
*We travel to Utah 2 months of the year and the Pacific Northwest several weeks of the year. If you coordinate your wedding date with days we're already in those areas, travel is included in our prices, or heavily reduced for areas near our travel sites (e.g. if we're in Utah and you want us in Sedona, it's only a $300 travel fee instead of $1500).
For travel, we charge a fee that includes (1) the cost to get there, which might include airfare, car rental, and gas and (2) the cost of lodging for 3 days in the area of your wedding. Why 3 days? Because we always go early and do a dry run to make sure everything goes smoothly! We often camp, which makes our lodging pretty inexpensive, but cheap off-grid camping isn't always an option, so sometimes our lodging fee is higher while other times it's practically free.
If you'd like an exact cost for travel, please reach out to us.
Can you accommodate people with physical disabilities?
Definitely! There are lots of great ADA compliant elopement locations that we'd love to tell you about.
Are Ceremonies officiated by Knots in the Pines religious?
No, but we welcome you to bring your own faith.
We are both Humanists (think Unitarian Universalists) and ordained by the Universal Life Church. We keep ceremonies free of religious doctrine. While we don't insert religion into our ceremonies, we welcome our couples to. Your ceremony is about you, which includes your personal beliefs! We're happy to help you include your personal traditions and honor your faith.
How do I get a permit?
We'll help you through this process when you book with us :)
How much does a permit cost?
Expect to spend between $0-200 for most permits. Some permits (e.g. permits at California State Parks or Arches National Park) are more expensive ($300-500) with some also requiring refundable deposits to discourage people from destroying the parks. Refundable deposits can be up to $1000.