Adventure Elopements Packages
We Make Elopements Stress-Free, Personal, and a Hell of a Good Time!
With our adventure elopement packages, you can elope on a canyon rim, a mountain top, under a canopy of redwoods, in front of a red rock arch, or among the Joshua trees. We take care of everything for you:
- Planning: We will interview you about your desires, then pick the perfect location, time, and activities for your elopement day.
- Photography: Victoria and Joe will photograph the candid, tender, and fun moments of your wedding day with a fully-edited online gallery to prove it!
- Officiating: Joe writes a personal ceremony just for you. He can officiate in English, Spanish, or both!
- Guiding: We both have experience working as wilderness guides and will make sure to keep you safe while pointing out amazing wildlife, trees that smell like butterscotch, and organisms older than the Roman Empire.
- Permitting: We take caring for our parks seriously and make sure all permits are taken care of. Permit fees are included in our all-inclusive package (unless they exceed $100), but we'll take care of the permitting paperwork for any of our packages.
- Ambiance: Joe can perform guitar music in the background during your vows and first dance if you wish.
- Snacks: Hiking makes you hungry, so we always have a pack full of tasty, healthy, vegetarian goodies!
- Travel within Utah (travel fees are waived if we're already planning to be near your destination).
- and so much more!
Our brand-new Victoria-only package.
This package is only available on weekdays September through May and non-holiday weekends December through February.
A Short and Sweet Elopement
A blissful morning or evening, including your ceremony and an adventure portrait session to follow it.
$2200 + travel + permits
Full-Day Adventure Elopement
8 hours or overnight!
The ideal elopement session! Imagine:
A vow exchange at sunrise followed by an early morning hike, a relaxed brunch, epic adventures, alone time, and a sunset portrait session at a glorious viewpoint.
$3500 + Travel + Permits
All-Inclusive Full Day Adventure
Relax, while we take care of (almost) everything.
This package includes everything you'd get for a full-day adventure, plus:
$4500 + Travel
Please note that sometimes some things simply aren't possible with elopements. In order to preserve our parks, some parks have special rules--for instance Arches National Park doesn't allow musical performances, while Dead Horse Point doesn't allow real flowers. We help you navigate all of that and offer alternatives. Want flowers where they're not allowed? We rent high-end artificial bouquets. Want music but it's not allowed? We'll find a place outside of the park for your first dance.
How many guests can I have?
We recommend keeping your guest count under 12. We do not offer elopements bigger than 12 guests for most locations.
Can I bring my pet?
Absolutely! Pets aren't allowed in all natural spaces (most National Parks do not allow pets at elopements), so please let up know when you contact us if you plan on bringing a furry or scaly friend so we can plan accordingly.
Do we have to have an officiant?
Kind-of. For your marriage license, you'll need a legal officiant (which Joe and Victoria both are) to sign your paperwork. That said, the officiant doesn't have to say or do anything during your ceremony except preside over it. That means you're welcome to have a private vow exchange, which Joe and Victoria can photograph from a far. Afterwards, Joe or Victoria will make sure you said your vows willingly and without any coercion (the State's mandate--and a good one!) and lovingly (Victoria and Joe's mandate) and then they can sign your paperwork. Voila! You're legally married!!!
Can you accommodate people with physical disabilities?
Definitely! There are lots of great ADA compliant elopement locations that we'd love to tell you about.
Are Ceremonies officiated by Knots in the Pines religious?
No, but we welcome you to bring your own faith.
Joe is a Humanist and keeps his ceremonies free of religious doctrine. While he doesn't insert religion into our ceremonies, we welcome our couples to. Your ceremony is about you, which includes your personal beliefs! We're happy to help you include your personal traditions and honor your faith.
How much does travel cost?
For travel, we charge a fee that includes (1) the cost of gas (plus a little extra for drive time) and (2) the cost of lodging for 3 days in the area of your wedding. Why 3 days? Because we always go early and do a dry run to make sure everything goes smoothly! We often camp, which makes our lodging pretty inexpensive, but cheap off-grid camping isn't always an option, so sometimes our lodging fee is higher while other times it's practically free.
If you meet us at places we're already traveling to (or close to), our travel fees are waved or greatly reduced!
If you'd like an exact cost for travel, please reach out to us.
How do I get a permit?
We'll help you through this process when you book with us :)
How much does a permit cost?
Expect to spend between $0-200 for most permits. Some permits (e.g. permits at California State Parks) are more expensive ($200-300) with refundable deposits to discourage people form destroying the parks. These can be up to $1000.